S.E.A.N.I.C.U.S.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Another update for FT

Scott Jungling, who is the only known user of FlexTimes besides myself, helped me debug a bunch of stuff yesterday. Thanks Scott!

As a result of our discussion, I decided to add a little functionality to the model-side of the plugin that I had originally desired. I had originally been disappointed with Rails' helpers' handling of plain :date or :time columns. FlexTimes was supposed to handle this, so I created two more model declarations, date_column and time_column. This will prevent unexpected nil values when your SQL column type is DATE or TIME (as is possible in MySQL).

I tagged yesterday's update as tags/1.0 for those of you who don't want this new functionality. 1.0 should work just fine with plain DATETIME columns, and you can still just filter out the data you don't need using the helper methods. If you have a pre-existing database with DATE and TIME columns (which are a PAIN to migrate, I've found), use the trunk.