S.E.A.N.I.C.U.S.

Monday, June 12, 2006

My apologies

I sincerely apologize to all of you who use FlexTimes. I committed many changes without verifying that they work. So here's the low-down.

The overloading of ActiveRecord::Base.write_attribute does not work. I cannot figure out why. Maybe it's because it's a private method of AR::Base. Maybe it's because I'm not mixing it in correctly. Either way, it means automagic marshalling of Hashes into AR instances doesn't work the way it should. Even if it did, I'm not sure that mass-assigned attributes (i.e. with Object.new(params[:object]) or @object.attributes=params[:object]) wouldn't slip by it.

Here's what you can do.

  1. Option 1: Continue to use FlexTimes 1.5 from the SVN. If you choose to do this, still use datetime_column and its sister calls until I figure it all out.

  2. Option 2: Do as Option 1, but use the 1.1 tarball or check out revision 1 from SVN.