S.E.A.N.I.C.U.S.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Fanning the flames of .... romance?

I've been officially engaged a year!

Liz and I had a wonderful dinner last night to celebrate. We had steak, wine, salads, dessert & coffee the whole kaboodle, and I made most of it for us. We had originally planned for Beethoven's restaurant in Paola, but they aren't open on Sundays. So we had a romantic dinner at home with nice china, candles and everything.



Following dinner, I opened my present from Liz. My presents to her were the dinner and the roses seen above -- a dozen white, her favorite! As I pulled the tissue paper out of the gift bag, I inadvertently set it near one of the candles and it caught on fire. I tried blowing it out and then stamping it out on the table, neither of which worked. Then as I was scrambling to find some other way to put it out, the flames licked my hand and became too much and so I dropped it on the floor. Liz grabbed a nearby coat to smother the flames. Thus, now we are minus one mass of tissue paper, and plus 3 burn marks on melted carpet!

Fanning the flames of something... fire!

Note to self -- purchase fire extinguisher and place in conspicuous location.