S.E.A.N.I.C.U.S.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Crazy weekend

It has been one busy weekend!

Saturday I took my mom to lunch for her birthday at the Brasserie in the Westin Crown Center. It was fun, except the server was too busy most of the time with this other table (who happen to order champagne). He could barely keep our water glasses full, and our order took half an hour to come out.
At least the food was pretty good. After that we wandered back to Union Station where we had parked and heard the end of the Tuba Christmas. It was kind of funny... about 40 tubas and euphoniums and sousaphones playing Christmas songs from the balconies with the conductor at the end of the top level of Union Cafe waving his arms like a madman so they all could see.
In the evening, my choir had a wedding to perform at. It was probably the most efficient job we've done. Listening to the recording now, I realize it wasn't as spectacular as it could have been, but that's about par for my choir. Afterword we went to Taqueria Mexicana and had a great time, and some very good food. Liz showed up and shared a double order of fajitas with me.
Had a pretty normal mass with the choir this morning. Not too eventful. I did forget to take a cup to drink water out of though, so I struggled a little bit. Doesn't help that Liz and I killed a bottle of Asti Spumanti last night while watching a James Bond flic.
On the bright side, I was elected to be my crew's royalty representative to the flag in YPP today.